Enrolling in an SOM Course
****The enrollment request form to request shopping status will open on Jan. 8***
Please note : Enrollment requests to change your status from shopper to enrolled will open on Jan. 21
IMPORTANT: Canvas access will not enroll you in a course nor does it imply that you’re enrollment request will be approved. You will not receive an email from us. Your profile page is where you must login and check your enrollment status. Please see further instructions below.
**Please allow canvas 24 hours to update***
- Read carefully and adhere to all policies listed on the Course Enrollment Request form.
- Note that all SOM courses have enrollment limits (separate from the number of actual seats in the classroom).
- Registration will be reviewed and approved by the SOM Registrar.
- Check with your school's Registrar for policies, procedures and forms required by your school when registering for a Yale SOM course.
Professional school students: Confirmation of approval will be sent to your school's Registrar, who is responsible for adding the course to your schedule. Check your schedule on SIS (Student Information Systems). Direct any questions about your schedule to your school's Registrar.
Graduate School of Arts & Science students: Confirmation of approval will be sent to your school's Registrar. You must also officially register for SOM courses through your DGS. Please see your department registrar to add an approved SOM course to your schedule.
Yale College students: Once you have received approval from the SOM Registrar, you are responsible for having the Yale College form "Request to Elect a Graduate or Professional School Course" signed by the instructor and then bringing it to the SOM Registrar's Office. Once the Registrar has signed this form, you are responsible for submitting it to your Dean's Office.
Units of course credit listed on the Yale SOM course page are for SOM students only. Questions about the credit you will receive for a Yale SOM course should be directed to your school's Registrar.
Materials: Note that you will be billed for materials distributed in class or via Canvas. The fee is $20 for a 1/2 semester course and $40 for a full semester course.
Photographic and Video Images and Audio Recordings: By attending and/or participating in SOM classes, students agree to have their image and/or voice video or audio captured. These recordings are only available to other students enrolled in the course.
Yale SOM Course Sessions
Refer to the Yale SOM Academic Calendar for pertinent dates.
- Fall or Spring Courses – full semester courses
- Fall-1 Courses – ½ semester courses which start at the beginning of the fall semester
- Fall-2 Courses – ½ semester courses which start after fall break – check SOM academic calendar for dates
- Spring-1 Courses – ½ semester courses which start at the beginning of the spring semester
- Spring-2 Courses – ½ semester courses which begin after spring break – check SOM academic calendar for dates
NEW CANVAS ACCESS AND ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Scroll down the page to “Quick Links” and select “Yale SOM Canvas Access/Course Enrollment Request Form”.
- Create a profile which includes your student ID number and your YUPI. Please note that errors in your profile will DELAY or HALT processing.
Once your profile is created, at your next login, you will be required to provide your netid. This will allow access to your profile.
• Next you can select the courses that you would like to shop.
• IMPORTANT: When enrollment requests open you can request to change your status from shopper to enrollment.
• After the registrar reviews your request your status will be updated in your online profile. You will NOT receive an email from us. Your profile page is where you must login in and check your enrollment status.
• IMPORTANT: Canvas access will not enroll you in a course nor does it imply that you’re enrollment request will be approved.